The National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) collects information about first-year and senior student participation in programs and activities that institutions provide for their learning and student development. The NSSE survey is open only to first-year and senior students.
More information about NSSE is available at:
Every three years NMSU collaborates with the National Survey of Student Engagement (NSSE) to collect information from first-year and senior students about the characteristics and quality of their undergraduate experience. The NSSE survey is a chance for students to have a direct impact on the undergraduate experience. The survey asks about the student’s personal experience as an undergraduate, including the quality of education they receive, how they spend their time, the kinds of activities they engage in, meaningful contacts with faculty, and how the student believes they benefit from their NMSU studies. In short, the NSSE survey is an opportunity for students to make a real difference for everyone at NMSU.
During the 2017 spring semester, nearly 400 first-time entering students and more than 700 seniors at NMSU completed the NSSE. Thank you – this is valuable information for NMSU to help improve the educational experience of all NMSU students.
In appreciation for participating, students who completed the survey before April 10, 2017 were automatically entered into a random drawing for several gifts which included:
- Laptop computer valued at $329
- PlayStation 4 gaming system valued at $285
- four iPad Mini 2 valued at $269 each
- GoPro camera valued at $199
- Virtual Reality headset valued at $160
- Beats wireless headphones valued at $150
- SmartWatch valued at $149
- longboard skateboard valued at $99
- 10 gift bags from Barnes & Noble filled with an assortment of items valued at $30 each
- four gift packages from Barnes & Noble with a variety of items valued at $10 each
- and one 100 West Café gift card valued at $20.
Sincerest thanks go to NMSU Auxiliary Services, Barnes & Noble NMSU Bookstore, Student Affairs and Enrollment Management, and Sodexo Campus Dining for providing many of the gifts and supporting the effort to increase student participation!